JUNE 4-9, 2023
Elasticity in Materials
The 25th anniversary edition of the ICNEM meeting will take place in the beautiful medieval and romantic city of Ghent, Belgium, from June 4-June 9, 2023 at the Monasterium Poortackere (Oude Houtlei 56, Ghent, Belgium), a former 19th century monastery in the centre of Ghent. Ghent can be reached easily by plane and train from Brussels.
We will continue the ICNEM tradition as an informal and limited-size meeting with plenty of interaction. Attendance is limited to 50 persons. Pre-registration is mandatory.
The general topic of ICNEM is the elastic nonlinear behavior of solids and soft matter. The conference focuses on both basic research and applications in this area and represents the state of the art in this domain.
• Elastic nonlinear behavior of Earth materials, industrial materials and granular media in general.
• Advancements in theoretical approaches.
• Modeling and simulation of nonlinear elasticity.
• Characterization of nonlinear material properties.
• Applications of nonlinear elasticity to nondestructive evaluation of materials.
• Elastic nonlinear behavior in medicine.
• Time reverse acoustics as it applies to probing the elastic nonlinear behavior of materials.
• The role of elastic nonlinear behavior in slip/avalanche physics and triggering of slip by nonlinear acoustical waves.Earthquakes and geophysics.